HEIDELBERG MATERIALS UK TAX POLICY
Heidelberg Materials UK is part of the Heidelberg Materials Group (HMG). This policy applies to all UK entities in the Heidelberg Materials UK tax group and is approved by the UK directors and executive management team.
- The UK tax policy is overseen by the UK Finance Director and is managed by the UK Director of Tax and Treasury.
- It is derived from . and is closely aligned with HMG’s business strategy, sustainability goals and .
Commitment to compliance
- We insist on compliance with all relevant legal and tax regulations including paying taxes due in a timely manner.
Responsible attitude to arranging our tax affairs and approach to tax risk
- We act responsibly with respect to tax matters and protect shareholder value by seeking to claim reliefs, exemptions and incentives where available.
- When organising our commercial activities, we only conduct tax planning in accordance with the values of the group and not abusively, aggressively or to the detriment of our reputation.
Risk management and governance
- We have a robust control framework of responsibilities, policies, people and procedures to identify and manage tax risks. Our systems, processes and controls implement this framework.
- We exercise proactive risk management to reduce the tax risks and personal risks involved.
- Our tax affairs are managed by appropriately qualified and experienced tax professionals and where there is uncertainty over the application of tax law, external advice may be sought to support our decision-making process.
Relationship with HMRC
- We act with integrity in tax matters, engaging constructively and transparently with HMRC on a regular basis as appropriate.
- We aim to keep HMRC aware of significant transactions or business developments and seek to discuss or disclose any past, current or future tax issues in an appropriately proactive, fair and timely manner.