Heidelberg Materials UK makes essential materials to build our future and reaching net zero carbon by 2050 is a responsibility we take very seriously.
We are committed to fulfilling our role in meeting the UK government’s ambitions and our parent company, Heidelberg Materials, has signed the Business Ambition for 1.5ºC Commitment and joined the UN’s Race to Zero campaign.
Our route to decarbonisation has been ongoing for many years and we have made significant headway. We have a roadmap in place, which includes a number of important areas that will help us achieve net zero. These include:
- Increased use of alternative raw materials and alternative fuels
- Carbon capture and storage
- Fuel switching to hydrogen
- Use of reduced CO2 products
- Improvements in plant efficiency and processes across our operations.