Heidelberg Materials era® 140
A warm mix asphalt (WMA) solution designed to reduce carbon emissions, improve efficiencies, reduce disruption and improve contractor health and safety.
Heidelberg Materials ERA 140 WMA incorporates a specialist bitumen that allows asphalt to be produced at a reduced temperature (up to 40 degrees lower) than conventional hot mix asphalt. This uses less energy, helping to cut the CO2 emissions associated with asphalt production by up to 15 per cent.
- Carbon reduction: typically up to 15% reduction in asphalt production emissions, resulting in an average 2.4kg CO2e saving per tonne of asphalt, compared with standard hot mix asphalt.
- Faster completion of resurfacing work, increasing efficiency and resulting in less disruption for road users.
- Improved workability.
- Reduction in thermal ageing process.
- Enhances durability due to reduced oxidisation during manufacture.
- Allows recycled content.
- Improves health and safety for work force: less fumes and steam are created, improving air quality and visibility; risk of burns lessened.
- Can be used to produce the majority of Heidelberg Materials asphalt products.
- 100% recyclable.
- Laid using conventional asphalt paving equipment.
- Available from Heidelberg Materials asphalt plants across the country.
- Technical advice and support service available.
- Motorways and major roads
- Local authority roads
- Car parks