Reaching the highest standard for work-based training
We have been awarded platinum membership of The 5% Club, demonstrating our commitment to investing in our workforce through a broad range of ‘earn and learn’ programmes.
The new top standard has been introduced to mark The 5% Club’s 10th anniversary this year. It celebrates members who have previously achieved gold status in three consecutive years and who, in their third year, have 10% or more of their workforce ‘earning and learning’.
“We are delighted to be one of only 30 companies to meet the new platinum standard,” said HR Director Clare Mayo.
“Our graduate and apprenticeship programmes provide the training and support to allow our employees to reach their full potential and make a real difference to our business.”
As a member of The 5% Club, which now has more than 900 members, we are:
- Committed to helping the country's growth agenda and acknowledge the importance of developing our people as both a business and social imperative.
- Playing our part in addressing youth unemployment and skills shortage.
- Pledging to work toward having a minimum 5% of our UK workforce enrolled on formalised apprentice, sponsored student and/or graduate development schemes within five years.
- Measuring and reporting on our progress annually against the above metric in our Corporate Social Responsibility section of our Annual Report and Accounts or equivalent document.
- Committed to encouraging other businesses to participate in the campaign.